Wednesday, 3 July 2013

AT THE HEART OF THE PEARL OF AFRICA



Woke up early Friday morning waiting for the promised adventure, as a Ugandan I was surely not anticipating for much, well who does not know how beautiful Uganda is? We all know that Uganda is gifted by nature at least Kampala is a proof of that and generally Uganda is rated
Back to my adventure Billy picked me up along Masaka road, he had three tourists with him, mhh!  This was going to be a nice one I thought to myself. We drove along and that’s when I started realizing that the definition of beauty was yet to be realized , as we drove along I kept wondering all along if at all I ever had an imagination of true natural beauty, do not get me wrong here, I always travel to Nairobi and very true I am always being welcomed by a beautiful scenery along the way but this time round this was different, it felt like I was on my way to paradise , where have I been all along I kept imagining to myself , all along the way to Mpambire , lyantonde I kept building myself houses , I discovered that I wanted to live in the amazon of Africa we were yet to  reach but my heart  was  everywhere at every spot I left a mark. One of the most memorable things that I remember is that I nearly could not wink; I just connected so much with the environment.
Most people talk about south western Uganda but do not really know what it means to exactly be there, we got to Mbarara and I realized that I was now In heaven heading to paradise anyone could tell by the look of my face when we got to kabale I wonder what heaven really looks like , I cant imagine my eyes  seeing  beauty beyond this, we drove ahead to Bwindi on our way it was getting cold and more beautiful we could hear the sounds of the  birds and some primates like the  white and black colubus monkey how was that sound again ? it sounded like a human being making aloud scary laughing sound, it was a great feeling though and an exciting one at that. Billy kept driving, we were very exhausted the long drive was not coming to an end but at least as far as I remember none of us closed our eyes the eyes were getting filled up with the scenic beauty finally were inside the jungle we went inside this beautiful lodge where we were warmly welcomed relaxed abit and ate a delicious meal after which we sat outside near the fire to get a little warmth
In the  morning  we had our breakfast and , our lunch was packed we were heading to another exciting activity trekking the Gorillas. The species that most people are yet to see the Gorilla and have an our to spend with them. We took some amazing shots , the silver at one moment charged and the guide advised us to lay low, I enjoyed seeing the young ones playing and so did the rest
to see, we were briefed at the UWA headquarters and later given a guide who took us inside the impenetrable forest to track the Orizogo family, we did enjoy some good falls, I for one was a little bit nervous but the guide was so friendly and made sure that each one of us was comfortable enough. It took us two hours
We were later taken to lake Bunyonyi  to enjoy and relax ourselves for  the rest of the day. We went boat ridding, we enjoyed abit of birding swimming nature viewing,and the delicious global dishes and drinks lake Bunyonyi is another paradise of its own. And each second I spent there I knew that I would  love  to have my honeymoon at this place . there is no words that can explain the beauty in western Uganda , it is the most rewarding , most memorable experience one can ever buy

No comments:

Post a Comment